Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hemangioma

Most of you know that Linley has a Hemangioma on her forehead that appeared about a month after she was born. Many of you may not know because in all her pictures it's either covered or cropped out.

Her doctor isn't concerned about it but we have decided to let a Pediatric Dermatologist take a look and allow us to get a little more educated on what they really are and how we can help Linley.

The actual bump (thats what it looks like, most people think she fell and bumped her head) is not harmful to her or anyone else, as far as we know she dosen't even feel or notice it. These days I call it her Diva Horn. :)
But as her mother I don't even see it anymore.

I will keep everyone updated as we know.

1 comment:

  1. Caitlynn had a hemangioma as well. Hers was at the apex of her right arm & I found it on Christmas Eve when she was 2 months old. Had NO IDEA what the heck was going on, scared me & THANK GOODNESS the pediatrician was open for business! Told me what it was & that most are gone by the time the infant turns two. Caitlynn wasn't bothered by it all.

    ReplyDelete